From:
"Steven A. Creasy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 1996 22:06:44 PST
I just wanted to let you all know something I found out about Internet
E-Mail.  I asked the question about sci.agriculture.beekeeping the other
day, and was told that I had to have an Internet service to read usenets
like the one above.  I have since found this to be in error.  There is a
wonderful resource from MIT that explains how to view newsgroups
(usenet), FTP, WWW, & etc. all with only INTERNET E-MAIL!  Send E-Mail to [log in to unmask] with the body of the message being:
send usenet/news.answers/internet-services/access-via-email
This rather long file will explain how to do lots of things with only
E-Mail capabilities!

For those of you on a tight budget (beekeepers love a bargain)  there is a company called JUNO which offers COMPLETELY FREE internet E-mail in the
US.  There is no sign up fee, no registration of software, and even the
call is free in most areas.  To get the free software, send mail to
[log in to unmask] with the body containing your name, and regular mailing
address.  They will send you out a free copy, which you can then freely
distribute to all your friends.  I have been on the service for about a
month and love it!

Good luck to you all!

Steve in Knoxville, TN