From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 2009 20:18:51 -0500
Hello Allen & All,

> As the season ended, I became increasingly impressed by the performance of
> my splits which consumed Global's 15% pollen patties at rate of about a
> pound a week all summer and went from walk-away splits (twice since May)
> and are now as high as six boxes.

I have got to ask.

If a pound global patty contains 15% pollen then my guess is *each* patty
contains about an ounce of pollen.

At the current price for global patties I wonder about global being able to
sell the patties at the current pricing using fresh Canada pollen which
sells on the internet for health food for at least $20 (cheap) to over 30+
in certain locations.

I think all commercial U.S. beeks reading know when patties were sold in the
U.S. with pollen added the pollen was Chinese irradiated. The demand for
irradiated Chinese pollen was so great at one time I think I was told 4000
50 pound boxes were on back order. Of course now china irradiated pollen is
not available in the U.S. which brings me to the question:

Is irradiated china pollen being sold into Canada?

The question is not that I suspect global of using china pollen but asking
if i was a Canada resident if I could order china irradiated pollen .

Because we now know virus can be passed from bee to bee at the flowers we
were told that using irradiated pollen was safer than pollen from outside
sources which had not been irridaited.

food for thought?

bob