From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2011 18:04:56 -0500
Jeffery said:
> These two ideas may be true, but thy both ignore the alternative methods
> used successfully by Kirk Webster,  Michael Palmer, and others.

Many ways to keep bees Jeffery. I have emailed back and forth with Michael
and Michael has developed successful methods for his operation.
As has Kirk!
I have never met either beekeeper but had read their articles.
A few weeks ago a young lad (future beekeeper) approached me at my River
market ( largest in the six state area) and proceeded to tell me the *error
*
of my commercial beekeeping ways.
I listened and gave him a business card and said to tell Kirk "Hello" for
me.
Said he was going to be working as an apprentice for Kirk next season (
without pay) . In Missouri we call such a relationship "being Tom Sawyered"
( from the book by Mark Twain for those not familiar with the term.

As the lad talked his dad with the lad winked.

My thoughts wondered to a old country classic song by "Bobby Bare" named
"The Winner".

Hopefully the lad will stick with beekeeping and follow in Kirks footsteps!

At times I feel like old Tiger Mcoo from the song "The Winner"

bob