From:
Bil Harley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2013 09:20:27 -0500
Bob and Kim had some difficulty finding local honey. The situation here is that it would  also be difficult in most supermarkets. A television documentary last month analysed blended supermarket honey and found that 4 out 6 of  samples had been cut with an ersatz mixture of sugars or chinese honey.
I have just returned from a rather up-market outlet and there I found several French mono-floral honeys on sale. The most expensive was lavender at  16 euros a kilo whereas the cheap blends of  european and non european "honey" sell for about 5 euros. In the unlikely scenario where imports from Canada and other producers would be reduced it is the blended market that would suffer the most and there would not be enough 'Euro Honey' for everyone. However,  I doubt that the client used to buying honey in squeeze plastic bottles would be prepared to pay the price so the demand for honey would shrink. I sell my own production directly to the consumer at 11 euros a kilo.

Bil, France