From:
J J Harrier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 19:35:54 +0100
    I use a hair roller, with one end bunged permanently with a bit of twig
and the other only by a couple of layers of newspaper.  I have a few
ready-made newspaper caps which fit neatly over the end of the roller, which
I much prefer to trying to fit a rubber band without snagging one of HM's
feet sticking through a hole.  The whole ensemble is held in place in the
hive by a few inches of thin baling wire threaded through the permanently
blocked end.

    There is thus no width restriction at all at the exit once all the paper
has been chewed away.  I've never worried about the angle of dangle of the
cage, and it has always worked perfectly.

        J. J. Harrier

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I think, therefore I bee ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~