From:
j h & e mcadam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 20:30:41 +1000
Ross writes of the problem of moving hives with bees clustered outside.

As this hive is in the backyard, I suggest you put some water in a watering
can (rain water by preference) and at dusk water the front of the hive.
This will send most of the bees inside within a few minutes.

I agree with other contributors on this subject that if the bees are still
clustering even after the cool change blew through (wasn't it luvverly),
then an inspection of the brood to see if the queen is doing as she should,
and the hive is not overcrowded, is an early priority.

Betty McAdam
HOG BAY APIARY
Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island
J.H. & E. McAdam<[log in to unmask]
http://kigateway.kin.on.net/hogbay/hogbay1.htm

Why not visit the South Australian Superb Websites Ring?
http://kw.mtx.net/sawebring/sawebring.html