From:
ROBERT RAUCH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:00:21 -0700
I would not want to be without my scale hives.  I use them to time my comb honey supering and in the later season to time additional supering.  At this moment for instance we are experiencing a flow which I did not actually expect.  Due to the Easter freeze disaster our flow was very late and short lived.  I have had a 4 to 5 lb gain the last three days which I do not know what to attribute to except possibly soybeans.  In the past ( maybe 10 years ago) I counted on soybeans for part of my crop at some locations. I assumed it was irratic as it may have depended on the type of bean planted in each area and the other various factors.  I have not seen this flow in the past few years and assumed that the roundup ready beans were not nectar producers. Anyone have an opinion on roundup ready beans?     Bob R.