From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 10:05:15 EDT
Frank Farrell wrote:
> ... I have ordered some peirco foundation to use in frames with
> grooved top and bottom bars.  Am planning to cut a triangular piece
> out of each corner.

I purchased over 700 sheet of Permadent Plastic Foundation to use with
medium wooden frames with grooved top and bottom bars.  I recall (but
would not bet limbs on it) that the Permadent foundation had the corners
clipped off to provide communication holes.

HOWEVER!!! I discovered that the plastic foundation was too thick to
fit into the grooves of the frames!  I had to run both sides of the
top of the foundation through my router to trim it down to fit into the
grooves.  Otherwise it would cause the frame bottom bars to bow out.
The combination of Permadent foundation and grooved bottom and top
bar frames did NOT work factory direct.  Overexplaining so there is no
doubt, the foundation has 3 dimensions: length, width and depth
(thickness).  It was the depth of the foundation that was too great to
fit into the grooves.  Less thick foundation or fatter grooves would
solve this problem, and I am not sure if this is always a problem or
was just a problem with the particular factory run of frames, foundation
or both, but I had to spend a LOT of extra time which I had not
anticipated at a time when I needed the stuff by yesterday to get the
combination to work.

Aaron Morris - I think, therefore I bee!