From:
Karen Kimball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 2010 06:53:26 -0400
In a post of another topic Allen wrote this
<I don't know many commercial guys who use hard inner covers anymore.  Everyone uses plastic quilts (pillows) or carpet or canvas or just a plastic sheet. Flexible inners allow for peeling up a corner or side to peek or fill a feeder. and stay on if the outer is blown off.>

We use telescoping covers can we get away with no inner cover all year round if we use one of these above in Maine? The Masonite of the inner cover buckles and sags and I really dislike it. So you just cut up a carpet to the size of an inner cover do you put a vent hole in the center? What is and where do you get a "plastic quilt" If you are using canvas, how do you keep it from blowing off if the outer covers goes? And how do you keep it from hanging down on the frames?

Karen Kimball
Maine