From:
Blair Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2013 08:31:56 -0400
As followup to the miticide conversations: does anybody know the half
lives of amitraz/coumaphos/fluvalinate?  It seems like the quantity
that affects us is the ratio of the half life of the miticide and the
time between treatments?  That way you can determine if it will
accumulate over time or not.  Do coumaphos or fluvalitate break down
at all, or are they stable in the wax?

Most of this is with respect to amitraz.  Will we be having increasing
concentrations of amitraz metabolites down the road?  In the wax?  In
how many years would it take to get to the LD50, for example? (more
theoretical than applied questions)

I'm more interested (now) in half lives of these things in the hive.
I'm interested in the in-hive half lives for the beekeeing.  The
effects of miticides (amitraz) in the environment is a different, but
still pertinent question.

Best,
Blair