Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 2009 18:16:23 -0400

> For those with the initiative to actually read the papers in full, they can
> be viewed at http://californiaagriculture.ucanr.org/  View the April/June
> 2009 issue.

Read it.  In essence you have to use more fertilizer to prevent a 10% loss.
The larger problem is that it starts with the IPCC computer models and they
have not done well in their predictions. So it is a "what if" study and,
nicely, provides a solution.

However, in most of these studies, it also relies on a steady state model of
the universe, while, if you checked my link to the 'father of the green
revolution", we do not have to accept things will remain the same into the
future.

As far as your warming, we in Maine warmed up also, but then had one of the
colder winters (actually typical of back in the 70s) recently and are
looking forward to another this winter. It is climate change now, so no more
global warming.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine