From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 17:09:37 -0400
Aaron Morris wrote:

> I've never been real
> thrilled with the nasty wet straw in the spring, and figure the homosote
> board may be a better tool and definitely a lot easier to schlepp into the
> apiary than bales of straw.

It is easy to use and you can make a lot of them since homosote comes in
8x4 sheets and are easily cut to fit. I have a bench saw to cut the
groves.

Excellent description of how Tony uses them. I do not wrap, as Tony
does, but I paint my hives dark so get the same sort of warming. My bees
tend to button up the hive fairly well.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME