From:
Jeremy Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:04:15 -0800
Bob writes: From my contacts it seems the bee problems are confined to California beeks
and Dakota beeks.

I will address my recent observations of California hives.  All commercial hives I have recently seen on the coast have been looking great since November, when manzanita and eucalyptus began blooming.  This includes hives that were brought from the Dakotas in fall with Varroa.  Some beekeepers may have trouble accessing hives in remote apiaries after the recent rain.

--Jeremy Rose
San Luis Obispo, CA