From:
Paul Hooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 17:54:47 +1000
My small apiary (in Victoria, Australia) is suffering from the unwanted
attention of a large number of wasps, known locally as European Wasps but
elsewhere also as Yellow Jackets.

In my search for solutions to this problem that threatens the viability of
the apiary, I have come across a few words and one diagram in a book
"Practical Beekeeping" by Chapman-Taylor and Davey about a New Zealand
device called the "I.W. Forster wasp baffle".  I would very much like to get
some more detail on the actual construction of the baffle and on its concept
of operation.

Could anyone please help me with details of the baffle or point me in the
direction of a source of such information.  Advice on the effectiveness of
the device would also be much appreciated.
Paul Hooper
Canberra, Australia
.