From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 08:46:12 -0600
PS: In addition to what I said about making sure there is no light and
sufficient air, if you decide to confine the bees in a room or under a
tarp, also consider if they will need water.

If they are raising brood, they will likely need a water supply, or brood
will be lost.  A saturated sponge or towel on the doorstep or some such
arrangement should suffice. People often don't bother and the bees do
survive, but I suspect that brood is sacrificed.

Does anyone know about the water requirements of a full-sized hive of
confined bees?

allen
http://www.internode.net/honeybee/diary/