From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2011 19:26:02 -0500
>he idea that quality honey cannot be produced by simple methods, is of
>course wrong. Quality honey can be produced using a hand extractor and a
>simple strainers, if one is paying attention to details.

Sometimes I think you do not even read complete  posts.

In the U.S. honey for sale in stores needs to be extracted and bottled in a
food approved area in every state I know of except Iowa and in Iowa
beekeepers are able to produce honey for sale *to stores*in a home kitchen.

My point is very simple.

The methods described by Peter C. & Peter Edwards would never be allowed in
the U.S. but honey can be processed in a filthy area and equipment washed
with stream water and still shipped in.

Produce sprayed with products banned for use in the U.S. cross the border
from Mexico daily.

If you want to eat honey from China go ahead you can eat my & Peter Edwards
share

In the U.S. the rules are strict for beekeepers which sell honey in stores
yet honey exposed to *filth* ( not all of course) freely enters the food
supply.

It would take people dying before the FDA would care. knock a few years off
their lives or contain minute traces of a restricted antibiotic and who
cares.

I am not going to gross the list out but I have worked bees with people who
have worked at large packers and what they say is shocking about China bulk
honey. Honey in drums which had motor oil before honey is only a start.

bob