From:
greg roody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:58:18 -0400
Ok, so with all of this west nile talk some neighbors are thinking of
calling in the mosquito control trucks (yeah, I know, absurd on the surface
given the dry weather, lack of mosquitos and time of year - plus
mid-northerly locale, but hey, these are "induhviduals" we are discussing
(dnrc)...).  Heck, they'll probably call in homeland defense if they can
find a way.

That begs the question, does the stuff they typically spray have an effect
on honeybees?  I live near wetlands and they usually do come by this area
(after dark luckily, and won't spray "your" street without permision, but it
does drift - and the bees do travel).

Just curious if there is any data on it.  I can't find it discussed wrt
honeybees anywhere (unless I botched the archive search that is).