From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 00:37:00 GMT
BT>From: Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
  >Date:         Tue, 15 Apr 1997 09:14:49 -0700
  >Subject:      Meniere's Disease

BT>This might be a little off the wall for this list but would appreciate
  >any comments you might have about meniere's disease and beekeeping,
  >specifically being stung.

  >I have Meniere's, which is a disease of the inner ear. It causes periods
  >of extream dizziness; ringing in the ear; loss of hearing; and a
  >"fullness" on the side of the head affected.

  >the dizziness and seem to have the disease in check. I have not suffered
  >from an attack of dizziness since I started keeping bees.

Hi Bill,

Good to read someone is benefiting from keeping bees and the bee stings.

Writing from my own prospective I like to hear about the effects of bee
stings, good one's, as we all know the bad one's. Antidotal information
may not be scientific, but it is one of the building blocks that results
in much good science.

Other then that all of us OLd Drones who suffer from the dying process
need all the help we can get. No fooling, I have a cancer on my noise!!

I have been fighting this skin cancer, a tumor about as big as a nickel,
for years with both lazer gun surgery, and the latest chemical products
that makes the cancer genes turn on each other...still got the cancer,
so not too long ago I read about the guy with the swollen lymph node who
applied bee stings and it got better. I know he had a different flavor
of cancer, I had that too, but what the heck it's my noise...

Well I have been catching a bee a day off the lemon tree and after a
sting or two in my fingers, that don't have any problems, I have been
getting it on the cancer on my noise. It does hurt and takes several
minutes for the stinger to pump a full load, and I shed a tear or two,
but if it works and along with the prescribed chemical treatments the
cancer goes away I will be publishing my own antidotal comments on the
benefit's of bee stings, at least on my own tumor...it will bee about a
month before the chemical effects are gone and the skin heals and I
think I can handle a sting or two a day without much effort if the
cancer is gone, better then the next step, a plastic noise, but then I
do get my choice of style...humm.. maybe a real long one for when I am
around beekeepers.<G>

                      ttul, the OLd Drone

(c) Permission is granted to freely copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.
(w)Opinions are not necessarily facts. Use at own risk.
---
 ~ QMPro 1.53 ~ ... Some bee had stung it newly.