From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2011 08:01:37 -0500
> Without dilution HFCS 55 is much more prone to crystallization than cane
> sugar.

We added water before storing a tanker load and some used air to agitate
and saw no problems

 I am told that HFCS 42 is even MORE prone to crystallization, and
> that is why it is not commonly used by beekeepers, I thought.

True but there are beekeepers which use the 42% . I guess we are looking for
the amount of water they add and a possible  beekeeper added ingredient to
prevent crystallization?

A friend is buying both 42% HFCS & sucrose today at the plant to experiment
with.

> Sucrose here only 10 percent more expensive than HFCS 55 this year, so I
> am
> using it.

I will also despite the cost increase but many are looking to reduce cost
due to a poor honey crop.

I was told by a friend (Beesource) bulk sugar is being sold in Indiana in
the middle
thirties per pound but have not been able to confirm. Must be scrap (torn
bags or
floor sweepings) but maybe not?

> I pity the poor people who need to burn corn in their stomach not their
> vehicle.

The U.S. is taking heat over using corn as fuel when people are starving.

Cattle need hay in Texas as do Dairy farmers in California and hay growers
are shipping container after container to China as China is making deals
with hay growers to bring hay to China in what would be empty ocean
containers and paying higher prices(Fox News yesterday).

bob