From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 16:59:31 -0400
Barry's comments are seconded here.

It is not nearly as benign as Apistan, but the kind of stuff
which, if found in Honey, will hurt the industry faster and more
permanantly than Alar did Apples. Especially since it is in the
class of pesticides which most, including the reasonable ones,
environmental groups strongly oppose and want to outlaw
completely. The EPA is definitely not happy with it.

I know, with all the hype, many beekeepers will want to shift to
it since it is being touted as another magic bullet.

How long have Bayer strips-they are same as Checkmite?- been used
in Europe? Is there any kind of data out there as to solubility
in honey and wax? What kind of problem are we really facing, not
today, but in the next five years?

The staffs of the Food Police groups could have a field day with
Checkmite.

Bill T