From:
S Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2006 07:50:47 -0400
    How do I explain the large, but queenless hive I saw last week, with no
brood (not even capped), lots of honey and pollen, and one queen cell with a
single egg, properly laid.  They are proceeding as if that is their own
queen.  I'll hope it hatches out.  No other eggs in any cells but this one.
Not defensive as if they are queenless.  No signs of any previous queen
cells that might have hatched.  The 28 June I took a queen from them and the
new queen flew off as I was transferring her to the press-in cage on the
hive.  A few days later I gave them a queen cell. Then I had to go out of
town.
    Maybe the next door queen came over?