From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 23:44:11 -0500
on 8/18/00 10:07 PM, Bob Young at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> My idea would be to build one similar to a cider press but using some large
> diameter PVC pipe (8" or more) with some holes drilled in it for the body

Bob -

Keep in mind that any PVC pipe that large in diameter is probably not
suitable for contact with food products. Most everything over an inch or so
is rated DWV (drain, waste, vent). I don't know how high or low the risk of
contamination is with PVC of this type but I'd look into it first.

Regards,
Barry