From:
dave sparkman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 21:48:30 -0500
I am new to the list, and I am new to bee keeping. I accumulated two old
empty hives my dad used to use. A friend of mine ordered us some bees
and he helped me put them in the first of april. One of the hives of
bees are doing great. They started hanging out a couple of weeks ago, so
I put another hive body on top. The other hive started to have some hang
out on the front of it , but not very many. So I put a hive body on it.
there was some honey bilt up in the middle, almost sticking through the
hole in the cover. Any way , my problem is there is one hive doing well.
When it starts to get dark, it sounds like a chain saw running . The
other however is so quite you can hardly hear it. When I set and watch
the bees come and go, there are a lot of drones coming and going in the
weak hive. There is about 30 bees at the opening at any one time. Should
I look to see if there is any brood or do any of you think the queen is
probably OK , and I am just overly concerned.
                thanks for any info
                Dave in south west Missouri