Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2018 23:01:58 +0000
 The NY Bee Wellness workshops have been held at various locations throughout New York. This year we are taking it to Long Island!
NY Bee Wellness, is holding a workshop July 27-29, at the Bayard Cutting Arboretum,Great River, Long Island, on the south shore.
 We are honored to have as our main instructor Dr Jerry Bromenshenk (University of Montana), who is brings us decades of research and teaching experience. His online Master Beekeeping School has just certified it's 1000th student.He is also on the cutting edge of utilizing new technologies in beekeeping, including FLIR (Forward-looking infrared), and acoustic hive malady diagnostics, and will be showing how these can be used in the bee yard.
  Melanie Kempers from Guelph, Ontario Canada, joins us with her years of extensive experience teaching and outreach with the renown Tech Transfer Program of Ontario,  OBA-TTP.
http://nybeewellness.org/ny-bee-wellness-workshop-long-island-july-27-29-2018/

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ny-bee-wellness-workshop-li-2018-honeybee-disease-management-tickets-45268522369

There are 3 options to attend, Friday evening lecture, Saturday lecture and demo, or for experienced beekeepers, the Sunday field and lab component, which is all hands on.

 Friday, July 27, 7-9pm session, Topic: Changes in Beekeeping- technologies we use, IR, Scale Hives, Satellite Monitoring, Sensors, Jerry Bromenshenk, PhD; open to all levels, beginner to advanced, General Admission, 25.00

 Saturday, July 28, 9-5pm, A full day of Lectures and Demo, focus is on honey bee disease and the latest developments, open to all levels, beginner to advanced, General Admission, 75.00, Boxed Lunches available for 9.00

Sunday & Saturday combined, July 28 & 29, 9-5pm Workshop, 225.00, limited to 24 students ( 2 years experience with beekeeping required); Field work with onsite hive inspections, and lab work with microscopes. Lunch included.

*The Sunday session is intensive with a small student/teacher ratio. We will be using diagnostic techniques to check for brood diseases, nosema, tracheal mites, and other maladies. This session is good for beekeepers wishing to teach others, preparing for a master beekeeping course, and improving your beekeeping skills.

email Pat Bono for additional info: [log in to unmask]