From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2010 10:08:38 -0700
I'm in the process of designing a new honey house.  it will have a "warm" room to dehumidify the honey when the supers come in from the field.  It will also have a single window, no screen.  When the bees accumulate on the window, it's my plan to open the window and let them fly out.

I've also toyed with idea of leaving the window open and keeping the screen in place.  The bees fly to the screen.  Then I close the window and remove the screen from the outside before I start dehumidifying the honey.  Bees are fre to fly.

Currently I have a string hanging from the ceiling.  About five feet off the ground, I tied a loop.  I hung a wire wrapped around a queen cage (with a couple of dead queens), a couple of swarm lures, a couple of sticks of QMP.

The stray bees love to gather on this wire.  I unhook the wire and take the bees outside and shake them off.  It's what works for me at this time, and yes, I'm tired of bee poop to.  I'm really tired of bringing in supers that afternoon and trying to extract them that evening with those stray bees flying over head unloading their load.

Grant
Jackson, MO