From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2008 08:47:19 -0500
Bob said:
In a recent package arrival from California one
> could pour around 20 gallons of syrup from the cans into a 55 gallon drum
> from around 100 packages on arrival.

The above is not correct. I spoke with my employee which poured the contents
of each can into a drum before replacing the cans in the package and he
said the two pallets I am talking about contained a hundred and fifty
packages instead of a hundred. He said most cans were full or almost full
but a couple.

He said he thought at least 15 gallons were in the drum.

I asked he combine the packages with the cans as the packages were on two
pallets shrink wrapped and the cans were in another place.

The cans need not be returned with the packages to the California package
producer in order to get the package refund  but keeping the can in the
package allows us to use the empty package for *blow bees* in the north if
we need to buy blow bees. Easier than trying to staple a wood piece over the
hole in a remote area. We also made holes in the can top so we can add some
syrup if needed for a short transport.

I only post the above as the combining was done last week and illustrates
the amount of syrup left from a shipment of packages from California to the
Kansas City area.

bob