From:
PondSite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 15:55:12 -0400
I recently split two (2) hives and added to each, a new hive body on the
top of each one, with new

foundation in each frame. It has been 22 days since I made the split, and
yesterday I opened  both

hives to see how the bees were doing.  The bees seem to be doing fine, new
brood, new honey, lots of

bees. I have been feeding them sugar syrup, but even though there are bees
in the top hive, no foundation

is being made.  This is the first time that I have split a hive, and don't
know if I have done something

wrong, or not enough of something right.  HELP!     Walt