From:
Tom Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 13:13:10 -0800
Matthew wrote:

> John, you don't have to work AHB to know the 'punch' bees are capable of.  Anyone
> whom has pulled out a feral hive with storm clouds rolling in can tell you how
> (in)effective bee suits are against angry bees.

I can only guess that the natural beauty of the surrounding countryside is what makes
the difference here in Alaska.  The fact that there are no "feral" honeybees could
not have any bearing, could it :>)

The only time I have ever had to don any protective gear was when working with bees
that had been mishandled by their owner (or myself).  The horror stories I read would
certainly put me off my hobby.  I don't like hot "protective gear" and I don't like
getting large numbers of stings.  Life is a lot tougher down there in the "hot"
country.

Tom

--
"Test everything.  Hold on to the good."  (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

Tom Elliott
Chugiak,  Alaska
U.S.A.