From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 08:34:42 -0700
At 06:59 AM 3/3/2006, you wrote:

Dave said:

<I have concerns that glue, transponders and handling to affix aerials may
have effects, but to be realistic any of these possible causes can only
have random effects>,

Our experience is just the opposite, it has very specific effects, such as
altering ability and rate of turning, etc.  You try flying with a telephone
pole sticking out of your back or dragging a logging chain.

So, a study that says novice bees fly straight lines from the hives (again,
I'm NOT objecting to a Riley study here), turn, and come back -- is just
what one would expect of such a burdened bees.

Ours were barely able to get off the ground, at less weight and drag.

Jerry