From:
Ari Seppälä <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 2009 09:27:03 +0300
> The second thing to consider, is the the gel is designed to be physically
> carried by the bees,

I admit apiquard gel can fuction in a diffrent way. Will be interesting to
hear what you see in colonies if you have time to observe. What I said was
from experience of evaporating thymol  and formic from pads from the top of
the hives..

Gel can be different expecially if you do put in in the middle of the brood
between the boxes.

In cold Finland (already now -5 C in nights) we use these often during
feeding. Partly because of time factor as winter comes so fast, but also
partly because during feeding hives are warmer and we get enough effect.

Ari Seppälä
Finalnd