From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 15:59:00 GMT
  >Are you suggesting 3in on or used motor oil in bee hives? ;-)
  >Ed

No, not really, but I will say that one time when a bee crawled into
my ear looking for a clear shot at my brain I could think of no other
remedy but to pull the dip stick from my still warm truck motor and
let it drip warm motor oil into my ear. It worked like a charm and I was
able to easily remove the dead bee from my ear without a sting and did
not suffer any problems from that oil.

I guess if a beekeeper had nothing else but old motor oil that would be
OK for the little that is going to be used on a wax paper sheet in the
bottom of the hive, but I suspect most beekeepers will be using the
veggie type of so called food grade oils which is really not that much
better if you were going to mix it with your honey other then cleaner.

                            ttul Andy-

(c) Permission is granted to freely copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)Opinions are not necessarily facts. Use at own risk.

---
 ~ QMPro 1.53 ~ ... Nor will a bee buzz round two swelling peaches,