From:
Andrew & Judy Weinert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 09:17:01 +1000
From:          Self <Single-user mode>
To:            [log in to unmask]
Subject:       (Fwd) (Fwd) bee bible (book recommendation wanted)
Date:          Sat, 19 Apr 1997 09:05:58 +1000

From:          Self <Single-user mode>
To:            [log in to unmask]
Subject:       (Fwd) bee bible (book recommendation wanted)
Date:          Sat, 19 Apr 1997 08:58:03 +1000

Date:          Thu, 17 Apr 1997 09:19:41 -0400
From:          Marc Sevigny <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:       bee bible (book recommendation wanted)

Is there a definitive bee book that every beginner should have?  The books
that I got from the library are fine, but it is not easy to get answers to
questions that I have.

For example, I see references to light and dark comb, yet none of the three
books that I have mentions the cause or purpose of the different color
combs...

Opinions on the best reference books are welcomed.

The standardd American Texts are good,   There is also  an Australian
book
"The bee Book , beekeeping in the warmer areas of Australia" by Peter
Warhurst and Roger Goebel  ISBN  0 7242 59198.

Published by the Department of Primary industries Queensland.
Manager Publishing services
DPI
GPO Box 46
Brisbane
Queensland
Australia  4001

This is  aimed at the hobbiest and professional and has a lot of
practicl information from  comb manaagement to useful knots for the
inexperienced  transporter of hives.