Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2010 08:19:51 -0800
--- On Wed, 12/1/10, Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  "Do you have a source for larger, bulk quantities of Quinoa?  "

Below is a response I got from a representative of the seed company I queried as to the growing requirements of quinoa.   Sounds like it would not do too well here in southwest Alabama.   Darn.   Was wanting to try it for both my consumption and for my bees.

Mike in LA

"Mike,        Quinoa is a dry area plant.  Do you have lots of rainfall and humidity?  If so,  Idon't think it would do well in your area.  However, you might want to google this question:  "What area does quinoa grow best---you will probably get about 100 answers."  Kind regards,
KKwww.wheatgrasskits.com"