From:
Paul Walton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 19:33:05 +0100
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Faith
Andrews Bedford <[log in to unmask]> writes

><< A heaping tablespoon of the dust should be applied to the top bars of
> frames in each brood chamber and the dusting repeated weekly until all
> traces of AFB are gone.  >>
>
>I was undert the impression that any hive with AFB had to reported to a state
>bee inspector, the bees killed and the hives either burned, scorched or
>treated in a "gas" chamber.  Am I wrong?  Is that info outddated?
>
>Faith Andrews Bedford, Tampa and Ivy, VA

In the UK, AFB is a notifiable disease under the Bee diseases Control
order 1982. The hives must be scorched with a blow-lamp and the frames
of bees destroyed by burning in a pit - all under the supervision of a
regional bee inspector.

--
Paul Walton
Email   : [log in to unmask]