From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2008 23:13:50 -0700
Tim Townsend writes:
Formic and plastic frames create no problems for the bees or the frames.

Reply:
This is good to know then, especially coming from Pierco for the question was asked originally on the OrganicBeekeepers list by Erik Osterlund in Sweden. This then means to me, that leaves the woodenware for possible hurting, namely the frames with the formic acid for how the grains hold up for long life strength. It also means the plastic frames now with small cell are fine then (HSC here), for faster regression of bees back to a natural sustainable system again. Pierco is used as a first step down, along with Mann Lake plastic too.

Also then the plastic is not outgassing hurting the bees itself or in combination with plastic/formic acid.

 But yet bees are being hurt by formic acid burning holes in their soft exoskelton and internal parts via breathing passages. Also young larva and eggs are being hurt by burning if in hives treated. Both here would then make for more diseases in a hive; and yet, the question still remains concerning negating the digestability of the pollen for good broodrearing (Ramon's earlier post here few weeks back); and I think Ari from Finland mentioned something: on was it honey or syrups or both? all which I think could be part of the CCD pot for disappearing everyone is seeing.

Interesting! I feel better about promoting the pastic for usage and can now advise ERik to his original posting asking the question.

Thankyou,

Dee A. Lusby