From:
David Gaida <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 20:01:09 -0400
We had a lot of wax with honey in it from our bee collection.

I collect antiques and collectibles.  One of the items I have is an old
fruit press.  Not the big one made out of wood, but the small, about a
gallon size, one made out of cast iron.  It has a one gallon outside bucket
and a little smaller diameter bucket with holes all over it.  These fit in
the bottom that has a valley around the edge.  You put the "fruit" into the
inner basket and there is a lid that screws down on the center bolt and
squeezes the juice out.  Thought this might work with the wax and honey.
Wasn't sure if the press would squeeze the wax out through the holes.
Tried it anyway.

Did a great job!  Took us about 2 hours to do 6  5-gallon buckets full of
wax/honey.  We let the juice press drain into a strainer.  The strainer
didn't catch any impurities.  Most of the pollen, etc. was trapped in the
squeezed wax.  We ended up with about an inch of pressed wax that we pried
out of the inside holey bucket.

Might want to try it.

Judy in Kentucky, USA