Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 2009 17:12:05 EDT

In a message dated 8/26/2009 3:08:21 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Frankly,  I found this particular part of the story very difficult to
swallow. Until  someone I
have known for 35 years described it to me. My friend described  it exactly
as you say. Bees
would leave the boxes entirely alone. I simply  can't imagine what they're
perceiving that we
can't.  ???

Yes, and anyone who says they've seen CCD BEFORE, I'd ask whether they saw
this symptom.  Far as I'm concerned, its the most definitive marker.   My
sense is that MANY who say they've seen CCD are just looking at the same old
problems that we've seen many times before.  But this symptom is  unique.
If you haven't seen it, you probably aren't looking at CCD.

One caveat, this symptom may disappear in the summer when bees are most
active.

Jerry