From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 16:17:03 -0400
  REGARDING           RE>Help

Steven Albritton wrote (10/13):
>We have one hive that has a lot of dead bees in front of it.  A lot of the
bees are almost fully developed larva that is still white but look like full
grown bees.  What causes this? What can we do for this.<

Are the bees drone or worker pupae?  I assume that they're drones, because a
normal colony procedure this time of year is for the bees to exclude the adult
drones from the hive, as well as uncap the developing drones and throw them
out.  This is a response to the coming winter season, and there is nothing to
be done about it at all.

Ted Fischer