From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 17:23:33 -0500
Hello Frank & All,

Frank wrote:
> I don't disagree with you Bob, but a few examples would have made this a
rebuttal instead of more opinion.

The discovery of varroa distructor by Denis Anderson  knocked bee
researchers on their ears. Once pointed out by Anderson the difference is
obvious even to the ordinary beekeeper.

The discovery of SMR and the research of Dr. Harris and Dr. Harbo is
exciting.  Once the bugs are worked out I believe they will come up with the
answer we seek.

The work of Dr. Carrick of the U.K. is opening new doors to the world of
honeybee viruses. following in the footsteps of Dr. Bailey , Dr. Carrick may
soon prove that A.mellifera can tolerate varroa without help *if* we can
control secondary infections.

I could go on and on about discoveries  but I have been up since before
daylight and will keep on extracting till I give out tonight. Very tired.
The honey house contains the last supers. The bees have been tested,
medicated (if needed) and fed a gallon of syrup. I leave Sunday on a short
trip south. I hope to be done extracting but will leave regardless of
situation. Bees taken care of is number one priority.

Bob