From:
Doug Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 00:09:52 -0600
Lloyd, thank you for your thoughtful insight on the various type of feeders.
I concur with your assessment that the Miller-type is the most efficient and
effective. However I have found with my limited operation of 15 hives that
it does not seem to work well in cold spring weather when bees seem to lack
the vigour to make the trip up through the slot; perhaps due to low
population and subsequent lack of warmth. My observations are that the
Miller is unbeatable for fall feeding when the hive is strong whereas the
inverted container combined with the protective shelter of an extra super
seems to be best in the spring.

Regards
Doug Henry
Lockport Manitoba