From:
George Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 2006 11:18:11 EDT
Dee,

Thanks for your concerns, I really enjoy your contributions to this list ,  I
didn't ask for chemicals per se. I guess I could  have said any suggestions
about "control".

Re: "your the question would be how to get them back into  balance?"

That's just too grand a concept for me to embrace.  It's like  fighting with
the P.E.T.A. people that want us to turn all the bees loose  because it's not
natural to keep bee's in small portable labor camps and move  them around the
country(world). And just to help you out of bee keeping they  turn your hives
over and worse.

You can see that I am not going into the virtues of 'Natural vs. Chemicals"
with the two big citrus grove owners who own but never see these groves that I
 am nestled between here in FL.  They are managed by Grove Management Co's
that couldn't care less about my pollen beetle problem.  Nowadays most  oranges
don't need bees to fruit! But I need bees to make citrus honey, I don't  move
my hives there's too much cost for my small doings. I did treat with
nematodes so maybe that's why the SHB isn't present in my hives for now.

As for SHB's starting in FL, chemicals etc, I'm not well versed on those
matters.

Thanks for your response,

George W