From:
Peter Loring Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 2010 20:15:39 -0500
> But I use it reversed from most beeks, generally using the curved end for spreading frames

Yes, well, that's why I like the Maxant. It has the regular blade for separating supers, but the little side blade at right angles for spreading the frames. You don't have to turn the hive tool around. I seldom use the hook at the other end.

One time I was explaining all this to a friend of mine, a commercial beekeeper.

I said "you don't have to turn the hive tool around to spread the frames." And he said:

"Turn the hive tool around? I would never turn the hive tool around! Do you know how much time you would waste during the day turning the hive tool around?"

Happy New Year!