From:
janet montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 16:20:19 -0400
I want to treat for Nosema this fall but wonder if the baggie feeder is the
right way to go.
 It seems to me that when one feeds from a boardman feeder the bees have to
gather the medicated syrup and move it through the colony over a period of
time ... From reports  in this list,  it seems that a gallon of syrup can be
moved in a matter of days-- probably right directly below the baggies with a
minimum of bee contact --this seems great if one wants to store the syrup
but will it control the parasite ?
 I know the original work was done by the late Dr. Basil Furgala at the
University of Minnesota and if any one there or elsewhere can shed any light
on this subject I would appreciate  some help.

Dan Veilleux  Columbus Ohio
Janet Montgomery
104 Fallis Road
Columbus, Ohio  43214-3724