From:
Gauthier Buddy J <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 07:31:26 -0500
1)      My bees were "sweeping" one day, as you put it. I couldn't figure
what they were doing until I went get my magnifying glass and I noticed some
very small white bugs(not a clue to what they are called) that were trying
to get into the hive. In south Louisiana, they usually make their appearance
in early summer and they bite. The bees were grabbing them with their
"mouths", cutting them in half and moving on to the next one. That's where
the sweeping motion comes in.

2)      I've been bragging on my bees(Italian) on how calm they are. With
tropical storm Earl approaching and the weather turning for the worse, they
suddenly turned on me. We have been experiencing good weather for the past
few months with high pressure dominating. Now the pressure is lowering and
it is starting to rain and the winds are picking up. Next time I check them,
I'm bringing the smoker.

Just sharing,

Buddy Gauthier

Computer Systems Analyst
Cameco Industries, Inc.
Thibodaux, LA  70301
Phone: (504)448-0339
Fax:     (504)435-4704
Email:  [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>