Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:32:01 +0100
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
Hello,

I just got the answer from Dr Bonmatin : he is referring to a recent study organised in Quebec by the ministry of environment in relationship with the culture of potatoes .

A purpose of the study was to determine if a pollution of underground waters was to be established, in relationship with the production of potatoes .

The results are unfortunately not surprising : yes, that kind of pollution is existing, and  as far as Imidaclopride is concerned, the levels found in some water samples were around 38 ppb .

I realise there was another question regarding GM plants modified to get the capacity to absorb quantities of herbicides without dying, but I am not sure that this forum is the right place to develop talks about GMO .
It is just that as consumers, we take a great care  -or we're trying to do so - to what is arriving in our plates, and we know that most of the herbicide resistant GM plants do absorb the herbicide, and then express the resistance . When eating plants, we don't want to eat those herbicides .
May be, you can just now more easily understand that after 10 years of the so called "mad cow", european people are more than ever concerned by the quality of agricultural products...

Bernard Saubot

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
-- Visit www.honeybeeworld.com/BEE-L for rules, FAQ and  other info ---
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ATOM RSS1 RSS2