Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2007 00:16:03 -0400
Below is a link to listen to an 8 minute piece on Colony Collapse
Disorder. broadcast on Friday, April 6 on a radio magazine in the
Washington, DC area called Metro Connection, WAMU 88.5 FM.

Please let me know your reaction.  Is it accurate?  Effective?

Here is the description to the piece from WAMU's website:

Colony Collapse Disorder
One day you peer into the hive and all is well. On your next visit,
all that's left of a thriving colony are the queen and a handful of
bees around her. Last week, the House Agriculture Subcommittee on
Horticulture and Organic Agriculture had a hearing on the latest
threat to our pollinating bee population, "CCD," or Colony Collapse
Disorder. There's still a lot of mystery surrounding CCD, but area
beekeepers have been keeping a close watch on their hives. I met Marc
Hoffman with the Montgomery County Beekeepers Association at Brookside
Nature Center in Wheaton. Standing next to a group of hives run by the
Association, we talked about what "CCD" might mean for the region's
pollinators.

Here are the links to the CCD piece:
Real Audio:
http://www.wamu.org/audio/mc/07/04/m1070406-14772.ram
Windows Media Player:
http://www.wamu.org/audio/mc/07/04/m1070406-14772.asx

Here is a previous piece on beekeeping broadcast in January 2007,
about 11 minutes:
Real Audio:
http://www.wamu.org/audio/mc/07/01/m1070119-13054.ram
Windows Media Player: