From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 2016 15:04:58 -0500
Peter and All,
 Thank you for posting Tim's note. I know that a lot of work has been done on chemicals in beehives here in Washington State.
 They have found more chemicals in hives that was caused by beekeepers than agriculture.
I'm not giving a pass to agriculture but we need to get off the tunnel vision that neonics is the problem.
 Chemistry is very complex. Example: A friend of mine and my Daughters was a visiting PhD at U of Washington doing ground water testing all around the world. I had many hours and weeks to talk with him. One part stood out. Two areas in South America had arsenic in the ground water. He proved that Round-up  mixed with the minerals in the soil would free the arsenic.
It gets a little deeper. To pass the test on Round-up they used distilled water. It was science but had a flaw.
 We have to go with good science. We know , Nosema ceranae ,Varroa and Viruses  are the main problems. We have to look at environmental changes for the bees to forage.
 The Best
Roy Nettlebeck