From:
Peter Dalby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 13:54:29 -0000
Tom Barrett posted the following:

>Another experienced beekeeper told me about 'Frow' mixture which he said is
>a mixture of Gasoline, Benzine and Saffron Oil. This is said to be very
>effective against acarine, but apparently it needs to be placed in the
hives
>when the cold weather arrives, as it causes temporary disorientation of the
>bees, and renders them less able to defend themselves against robbers. He
>gave me some of the Frow mixture which he says he has had for several
years.
>Can anyone give me the recipe for making up this mixture?.

Here in England it is a very old treatment long since declared an illegal
substance that is being introduced into the hive,   Highly dangerous to use
so proceed with caution some of the ingredients are carcinogens and others
highly inflammable.  Can cause damage to humans by inhalation.  Definitely
not to be recommended.

It does not comply with the veterinary medicines legislation and is not
likely to!  The regulations in Ireland may be different but it is not EU
approved.

Peter Dalby, Chairman BBKA Technical Committee.