From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 10:35:29 -0500
Aaron Morris wrote:

> Allen Dick wrote:
> > Visit http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/Analog/
>
> I sincerely hope the counter on that web page is broken 'casue when I
> got there it was set at 23.  TWENTY THREE!!!
>
> Seriously folks, check it out!!  You will find proposed action to
> address what some perceive as the top of the list of the top problems
> facing today's beekeepers, honey adulteration!!!

As of today, the counter stood at 48, so there is some movement afoot.  The
internet is a wonderful tool to combat such an international threat such as
this, but only if people all over the world react.  The adulteration
company brags that they sell in Russia, the middle east and Canada, and
that they have a USA representative.  So this threat is in all our
backyards.  I downloaded my copy of the fax sheet today, but who should we
in the USA contact about this? The American Beekeepers Federation? The
American Honey Producers Association? The US Food and Drug Administration?
All of the above?

Ted Fischer