From:
Marcia Sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 1996 23:16:47 GMT
Excuse me, Mr. Eyre, but please don't make assumptions concerning the
interest or lack of interest of beekeepers on this list. I printed the
lengthy information on essential oil studies and shared it with my local
beekeeping supply store so that they might be both better informed and an
additional source of such information for customers who are not yet on line.
I did not chose to enter the online discussion, but that doesn't mean I'm
not interested or "ho hum" as you describe me. Some of us DO quietly go out
and experiment. I am an organic gardener and very supportive of any methods
for reducing unwanted bee parasites which do not contaminate the
environment, the bees or me. However, mites are such a widespread threat
that it is wise to be cautious concerning untried cures. I commend those who
do some experimentation on their own and watch for results from further
studies. I would ask that you not make sweeping generalizations concerning a
worldwide network of people you don't know.

At 04:41 PM 10/10/96 -0400, you wrote:
>>Phil Wood wrote on Essential Oils.
>
>>Curiously, I didn't hear much from folks since the original posting
>>here. Does this mean that everyone is quietly going out and buying the
>>oils and seeing what will happen?
>>Or is this a new idea with promising preliminary results?
>
>I don't think anything is amiss. The list seems to be very 'Ho Hmm'
>regarding new innovations I said at the time things seem to go down like
>lead balloons. It will only be when their favourite academic or extension
>officer has done all the testings allover again that they might condiscend
>to try it out. It would appear that most bee keepers  do not like change.
>One even told me my ideas couldn't be any good, because no body had thought
>of it before me!!!!
>        Wait and see, the cry will go up 'it doesn't work' only because some
>one isn't using it properly!! But thats another post!!

>   * David Eyre          9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,  *
>   * The Beeworks,    Orillia, Ontario, L3V 6H1. *
>   * [log in to unmask]      705-326-7171 *
>   * http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks           *
>   *  Agents for: E H Thorne &  B J Sherriff UK. *

Marcia Sinclair
Writer & Editor
Gresham, Oregon